Wednesday, October 29, 2008

*{Under Construction}*

So my husband comes up with this great idea for a do-it yourself home improvement project, stained concrete. The whole idea sounded pretty easy and not ever having to worry about a spill on my carpet again...sign me up!! After reserching different techniques we figured out the color we would use, a neutral brown/beige. So we set off to destroy our house and rip up all of our carpet(we are just doing the living room & hallway), which was a project in itself! I stood back to look at the destruction and immediately thought "what the hell did we just do"??? I will update this weekend with pictures of the wreckage that we now call home. Wish us luck on our journey! Here's a picture of something similar, I figure that some throw rugs will give it a warm look!

4 comments:

Rene Sharp said...

Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog. As you may have seen I don't get many, so it was nice to get one!! Good luck with your renovation project.

Autumn said...

It's going to be amazing! Josh and I did it at our old place and it really brings a great new perspective to things. You're going to love it! Can't wait to see how it turns out...

Sheila said...

WOW! I can't wait to see it all done...I thought that picture was your house and I was like I don't remember a window by the fire place!!

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

I want to do this in our basement!! Will you remind me on my site when you have it done? I bet it will be awesome!